Animal Fortunes for 2017,
the Year of the Turkey
Animal Fortunes for 2017, The Year of the Fire Rooster.
“Your advice to me precisely (as to) when the downturn would occur and when (property prices) would pick up was bang on. ”
Naomie Harris, star of Skyfall, Pirates of the Caribbean, White Teeth, Mandela, Spectre.
On this page………….click on your animal to go straight to your character and forecast!
Instructions: how to obtain the best from these forecasts:
Real men of course don’t bother with instructions and the true Princess is above such things. However, to make best use of these prognostications you might consider the following:
1. The Chinese method used to define the prevailing Elements at your birth, ba zi or Four Pillars consists (as you might have guessed) of four pairs of characters or pillars. Fire Rooster is one such pair.
2. One of these pairs of characters or “Pillars” relates to the year, one to the month, one to the day and one to hour of your birth. You probably know your Year Animal – Water Tiger or whatever – already. You may not know the others.
3. Each pillar relates to particular aspects of life. To know yourself, be familiar with all four.
4. How to identify your pillars is laid out at the top of each Animal page.
5. Your Year Animal relates principally to the physical, health, heritage, ancestors, parents and the obvious. That’s why we can say some pretty accurate and superficial things about celebrities armed only with this information. Asked in 2007 about Prince William and Kate Middleton, I could with confidence confirm they were a long term proposition simply because they’re both Water Dogs of 1982: homebodies who bond for life. So know your year pillar in order to know the obvious.
6. Your Month Animal relates to the work environment and how we relate to it and to our working companions. Accordingly my comments about this pair of your characters will tend to concern work your occupation, your commercial activity. They may also be read as pertaining to brothers, sisters, peers, ex-partners and in some cases parents. So if you were born in the Monkey month (approx. Aug 7th to September 8th) and I make some insulting gloss about the Monkey, I’m talking about these characters, not so much about you. Honest.
7. Your Day Animal is about you and your central relationship(s). It relates to things spiritual, emotional and psychological. What I say about this Animal should be taken in that context. This pillar, which you will only be able to identify if you can read a Chinese Calendar is generally considered the heart of the ba zi, where the real you is located. To have us calculate it for you, just go to Contact Us on the website and enter your birth details. We’ll do the rest.
8. Your Hour Animal is about the future, our children, our dreams; about purpose and meaning. Someone born in say the hour of the Wood Dragon, the most powerful and perverse of the Animals and yet the one that through sheer charm gets away again and again with murder, will tend to enjoy those sorts of qualities as well as those sorts of children. Who btw is a typical Wood Dragon? You guessed it – Boris Johnson. And who else? Nigel Farage. Oh….and Vladimir Putin. And especially in a Rooster year. Who’da thought it? So now you know; feng shui is doing the right thing in the right place at the right time which makes it a very personalised activity. Above is how for better or worse, to tailor my comments to your own situation. The idea is that they should help you be healthier, wealthier and wiser and above all happier. If they don’t there’s been some misunderstanding.
Perhaps take all four forecasts and print them out together, read them once with care and then take five minutes to review in your head what you recall. Then put the printouts somewhere safe where you can find them and perhaps 24 hours later, take them out and look again. Do this once a month or so and you may start to find my comments reflecting the facts and more to the point, helping you navigate the situations that arise.
One last thing: every year I am at pains to point out that you are an awful lot more complex, more unique and more precious than any number of Zodiac Animals. And above all, remember always that we retain choice.
©Richard Ashworth, Godalming, December 2017.